As always, I’m keeping this short.
2020 is here and I have focal point for the year. My optics are tuned and set on the follow list:
- Clarity. In my mind and of others. All too often, I’m immediately responding assuming that I understand. Sometimes I don’t. It often comes off as rude or aggressive and it needs to change. This is a joint effort, but at least I will be the one to start the shift among my colleagues.
- Project management. I enjoy organizing projects, drafting reports on progress and achieving varying levels of progress.
- CCNP, Python, Ansible. The new CCNP is around the corner. It’s going to involve Networking, DevOps, and Automation. I’m getting it.
- Action. There’s no waiting. Just acting. I’ll assess all opportunities that come my way, see if they fit with my 5 year and 10 year roadmap and execute on all opportunities that align.
- Intentionally . Doing the best with full intentions of performing the best I can.
That’s it. I’m really just focusing on key skills, growing professionally as a manager and leader, and chiseling away at progress.